“Your digital marketing sucks.”
“Do we even know where this traffic to your website is coming from?”
This is what a website provider asked our company when we were about to spend over $102,000/year with his company on new 14 websites.
Maybe you feel like social media should be generating more traffic, or that your website should be converting better. I knew ours could be better.
I know how frustrating it can be to waste money on search engine optimization (SEO) or social media and have your website not improve.
I had just spent the last year as the Director of Marketing for a half-billion-dollar automotive group. I had previously owned a franchise business for 4.5 years and sold it. I knew what good digital marketing was supposed to do. We just didn’t have it. We were getting a lot better. But we still had a long way to go. It was like herding cats.
During that time I learned what a business can do to positively explode their brand online almost overnight. Well maybe not overnight. But in a short period of time.
Whether you are a $500 million business or a $100,000/year business, these work. The only difference is the number of zeros you put behind this effort. But the difference doesn’t have to be all that big. Social media has leveled the playing field between global and local businesses in a very major way.
Without any further rambling, here are the 18 ways to explode your brand online in 90 days.
- Promote Facebook posts for $30/day. $900/month. You will own your market and reach a ton of targeted traffic. Spend more if you can. Promote your posts that make you money. Link to your website, website pages, specials. Your goal is to stay in front of your potential customers with your business. And move them to your website.
- Create a LinkedIn company page. Add a keyword rich description and link it back to your company website. This will rank in Google for your business and push your website up.
- Update all social media graphics with your business phone number and website. Make it super easy for customers to reach you anywhere your customer sees your business. I just did a LinkedIn article on this exact topic. Here is an example below that we did for a Mercedes-Benz dealer.
- Optimize your business social media channels to rank in search engines. Optimize Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube, and LinkedIn at a minimum.
- Link your Google Plus page to your website and verify your business. Google plus is and will continue to be a significant influence on Google rank. This is much easier to do now that Google has merged Google places with pages.
- Update your online business information across all search directories – Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, Foursquare, Yellow Pages, White Pages are just a few of the 50+ sites you can list your business on. Most businesses don’t do this. This alone creates a huge competitive advantage if you do. Add pictures, specials, products and services, and monthly specials.
- Heat map your website. By doing this, you learn where your customers are clicking on your site so you can improve your site. It’s better than surveying your customers. They aren’t aware it is happening.
- Consider top 10 keywords people search for your business and get traffic information on them using Google’s keyword tool. Then try to get your website to rank for them by updating meta data. If you aren’t sure how to do this, hire a professional. It’s worth it. Build pages on website for each keyword.
- Build a blog for your company. Consider who could post on it and what they might post. Sold properties. Deals closed. Welcome new employees. Pictures from office parties. Use a premium design. Look better than everyone else. Email your employees for content. Employee birthdays, employee of the month, charitable events. Even Happy Friday or community events. Make your business personable and fun. Share every post on your social media.
- Design an amazing YouTube channel and post videos. There are many options for videos. Commercials. Customer testimonials. Whiteboard video. Logo animation at minimum.
Part 2 of this post is coming soon.
If you liked this post, share it with someone who you think may benefit from it.
Also, check out my most recent post on LinkedIn, The Easiest Way to Get More Leads from Social Media.